The College uses equality data to understand our workforce profile, this enables us to identify areas of strength and vulnerability and eliminate any adverse impact on equality. 使我们能够瞄准和支持代表性不足的领域, 能够采取积极的行动、干预和, 通过编制趋势数据, 为未来规划提供信息, 和政策.
Effective monitoring and use of the data also signals to staff and potential job applicants that the College is committed to equality and to supporting a diverse workforce, which contributes to the raising of our profile as an inclusive College.
All Information that could be used to identify candidates or to make decisions based on their Gender, 年龄, 性取向, 宗教信仰, 残疾, Ethnicity or Nationality will be removed from the application form supplied to the recruiting manager. Once a candidate has been appointed this information will be stored within the HR System and can only be accessed by the individual and Human Resources.
当候选人被挑选出来参加面试时, they will be asked when confirming their interview slot if there is any support the College can put in place to enable the candidate to participate in the selection process. This could range from alternative access to the building to having specific software available for skills tests. If there is something that will enable you to participate in the selection process, 请不要害怕问.
Fife College takes its moral and legal responsibilities on Inclusion seriously.
我们致力于消除一切歧视, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations among all people.
If you have any comments or enquiries regarding Equality and Diversity, please email us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commissions General Duty requires public authorities, 大发体育在线就是其中之一, 在行使他们的职责时, 适当考虑到需要:
- 消除非法歧视, harassment and victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
该义务涵盖了受保护的年龄特征, 残疾, 性别, 变性, 怀孕和生育, 比赛, 宗教或信仰和性取向. It also covers marriage and civil partnership with regard to eliminating unlawful discrimination in employment.
The College welcomes the opportunity to report on its commitment to equality and diversity, to describe the work already undertaken and how this will be developed further to enable the College to live up to the principles within its Equality and Diversity Policy.
The 性别 action plan for Fife College links to both the College’s Regional Outcome Agreement 2017 – 2020 and the Equality Mainstreaming Report April 2017. It is this linkage between two key documents of the College that ensures there is an institutional approach to 性别 equality where there are synergies between each and that actions taken to ensure 性别 balance extend through the College and into community and partnership working at all levels.
The strategic priorities from the Regional Outcome Agreement and the Equality Action Plan April 2017 to April 2019 from the Equality Mainstreaming Report have been interpreted into the 性别行动计划 and translated into five Gender Based Outcomes detailed below:
- 提供访问, inclusive and supportive work and learning opportunities based on positive action
- Promote awareness of 性别 bias and engage with all stakeholders to address barriers
- Continue to develop and share a robust evidence base to foster culture change and influence planning
- Establish strong collaborative models to support 性别 balance within transitions
- Create an 性别 friendly work and learning environment to develop confidence, 鼓励改变和发展改进的能力
The 残疾 Confident scheme aims to help organisations to successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
Fife College has achieved Level 2 – 残疾自信的老板 of the scheme and have made a commitment to –
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Flexibility when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Encouraging our suppliers and partner firms to be 残疾 Confident
- Supporting individuals to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- Ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled colleagues.
- Ensuring managers are aware of how they can support individuals who are sick or absent from work
- Reviewing this 残疾 Confident employer self-assessment regularly